I have never had a flea problem before. Where are my pets picking up fleas?
Fleas are very hardy pests that are quite capable of hitching rides on a variety of mammals. Wild animals or feral pets traveling through the environment may be a source for a pet’s exposure.
Fleas, and their eggs can be brought into the house or yard by:
- Your pet – even if your pet and home are flea-free, any time your pet steps outside your house, they are potentially exposed to fleas, especially in areas where other animals have been.
- Non-treated pets in the household can be a reservoir for fleas.
- Non-treated pets in the neighbourhood – you may be vigilant about treating your pets for fleas, but your neighbour(s) may not.
- Stray or homeless cats and dogs – since these animals are not protected, they are easy targets for fleas and can drop flea eggs from their coat wherever they go.
What is the expiration date for Seresto®?
– See the bottom of the tin for the expiration date of Seresto®.
How do I store and dispose of Seresto®?
- Storage: Store in original unopened tin in a cool, dry place that is inaccessible to children.
- Disposal: Dispose of collar and packaging by wrapping with paper and placing in the garbage. The tin is 100% recyclable.
How does Seresto® work?
Inside the unique polymer matrix of Seresto® are two active ingredients:
- Imidacloprid has been used for many years to protect pets against fleas, and global monitoring has shown it’s as effective as ever.
- Flumethrin effectively kills ticks (dogs only).
Flumethrin works together with imidacloprid to provide enhanced activity against fleas.
The active ingredients spread from where the collar contacts the skin, over the entire skin surface of your cat.
Sustained release technology
Seresto® is an innovative polymer matrix collar that offers a continuous supply of two active ingredients – imidacloprid and flumethrin. Low doses of these actives are released from the matrix, as needed, over time and migrate into the lipid (fatty/oily) layer of your cat’s skin and hair. Actives are not significantly absorbed through the skin, but remain within the naturally water-resistant, lipid layer of the skin and hair. The actives in the skin and hair of your cat kill fleas on contact, not relying on biting to be killed. The hair and dead skin that your cat sheds naturally each day contain small amounts of actives, killing flea larvae that may live in your cat’s surroundings.
What are the benefits of Seresto®?
– With its innovative delivery system, Seresto® offers a breakthrough in flea protection for cats:
- Up to 8 months protection against fleas for cats.
- Odourless and easy-to-use.
- Kills fleas without them having to bite.
- Reduces the risk of transmission of flea-borne diseases.
What if my cat gets trapped while wearing a Seresto® collar?
1. A hard pull causes the ratchet-release mechanism to allow a widening of the collar. 2. The cat collar also includes a pre-determined breaking point. A harder pull triggers the breaking of the collar at this point.
If your cat is not used to collars Rarely, mild application site reactions may occur such as scratching, redness and hair loss, which usually recover within 1 to 2 weeks without the need for collar removal. In some cases, temporary collar removal may be recommended until symptoms have disappeared. In very rare cases, application site reactions such as dermatitis, inflammation, eczema or lesions may occur. In these instances, collar removal is recommended. If signs persist or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately.
See how to apply Seresto®
Applying Seresto® is simple – and takes just a few minutes.WATCH THE VIDEO
The best is
yet to come
Register now for special product offers, timely news, tips and more.Sign Up
Did you know Seresto®is also available for dogs?
Advocate for Cats
Does your fluffy friend like the outdoors? If so, chances are they’re getting up close to parasites in their daily play. Give them the best protection against the broadest range of parasites with Advocate.
Advocate Flea, Heartworm And Worm Treatment for Cats
Advantage For Cats
An easy-to-use spot-on, Advantage is applied monthly. Its super ingredient stops fleas feeding within 3 to 5 minutes and kills both adult fleas and larvae within 20 minutes.
Profender spot-on for cats
Profender is the only spot-on Allwormer that kills the most important types of intestinal worm in cats. Used every three months, Profender treats lungworm and protects your cat and your family from gastrointestinal worms.
We don't recognize this email and password combination. Please try again, or let us help by clicking "Forgot password?" below.
Save 's story.
Sign in or register for PetBasics from Bayer to add 's story to your account.
Not yet registered?
Connect With Us
Sign up for PetBasics from Bayer, so we can provide you with special offers, timely news, tips and more.
You’ve successfully registered for PetBasics from Bayer.Welcome to PetBasics from Bayer: Your guide to the healthcare essentials your pet needs — created precisely right. We're glad you're here. Ready to get started?
You've successfully registered for PetBasics from Bayer.Welcome to PetBasics from Bayer: Your guide to the healthcare essentials your pet needs — created precisely right.Now, you can get special product offers, timely news, tips and more from Product Detail.Ready to get started?
Did you forget your password?It happens, and we can help. Just enter your email address below, and we'll send you a link to create a new password.
CAUTION: Federal (U.S.A) law restricst Advantage Multi for cats (imidacloprid + moxidectin) to use by or on the order of licensed veterianrian..
WARNINGS: Do not use on sick or debilitated cates or ferrets.Do not use on underweight cats.(see ADVERSE REACTION).Do not use on cats less than 9 weeks of age or less than 2 lbs body weight .Do not use of ferrets less than 2 lbs weight.
PRECAUTIONS: Avoid oral ingestion.
HUMAN WARNINGS: Children should not come in contact with the application site for 30 minutes after application.
CAUTION:Federal (U.S.A) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
WARNINGS: DO NOT ADMINISTER THIS PRODUCT ORALLY For the first 30 minutest after application ensure that dogs cannot lick the product from application site of themselves or other treated animal.Chidren should not come in contact with the application sites for two (2) hours after application. (See Contraindications, Warnings,Human Warnings, and Adverse Reactions, for more information.)
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Do not use this product on cats